2. Regions Financial
Shares of Regions Financial of Birmingham, Ala., closed at $7.27 Friday, returning 68% year-to-date, following last year's 38% decline
The shares trade for 1.1 times tangible book value, and for 9.1 times the consensus 2013 EPS estimate of 80 cents. The consensus 2012 EPS estimate is 71 cents.
For the 12-month period ended June 30, the company's ROA was 0.13%, while its ROE was 1.07%.
Analysts polled by Thomson Reuters expect the company to report third-quarter EPS of 21 cents, increasing from 20 cents the previous quarter, and eight cents a year earlier.Regions went through a major transition during the first half of 2012. During the second quarter, the company redeemed all $3.5 billion in preferred stock held by the government for bailout assistance received in 2008 through the Troubled Assets Relief Program (TARP), after selling its Morgan Keegan subsidiary and raising $900 million in common equity during the first quarter. The company's second-quarter net interest margin expanded to 3.16%, from 3.09% the previous quarter, and 3.07% a year earlier. Mosby estimates that the margin will expand by another nine basis points through the end of 2013. Mosby rates Regions a "Buy," with a $9.25 price target, and said last month that he expected the company to improve its "quarterly earnings run rate to above $0.20 before year-end, pushing potential upside substantially higher." RF data by YCharts
Interested in more on Regions Financial? See TheStreet Ratings' report card for this stock.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV