Derchin said he sees industry profit of $3.9 billion in 2012 and $4.9 billion in 2013. His buy-rated stocks, in order of risk/reward, are Alaska (ALK), Delta, Southwest (LUV), United, JetBlue (JBLU) and US Airways.
Despite their generally favorable long-term outlooks, airline analysts have been reducing estimates over the past few months.
-- Written by Ted Reed in Charlotte, N.C.>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Ted Reed
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV