Groupon ( http://www.groupon.com) (NASDAQ: GRPN) announced today that Peter Merholz will assume the role of Vice President, Global Design. Merholz will report to Jeff Holden, SVP of Product Management.
Merholz’s experience spans two decades in design and development for interactive media, and he is most noted for co-founding and growing Adaptive Path, a premier user experience design consultancy. Merholz is an internationally recognized writer and speaker on user experience; his blogs and essays for Adaptive Path, Harvard Business Review and his personal site Peterme.com illustrate his knowledge and influence in the space.
“Peter is a distinguished leader in product strategy and the craft of design, and we are very excited to have him join our team,” said Jeff Holden, SVP of Product Management. “We think of Peter as a machine to translate our obsessive customer focus - on both consumers and merchants - into shockingly great design. Additionally, he will immediately accelerate Groupon’s efforts to build out our world-class design team, enabling us to deliver against a high product bar for the GrouponOS vision.”
Merholz has a B.S. from the University of California, Berkeley and co-authored Subject To Change: Creating Great Products & Services for an Uncertain World.About Groupon Groupon, launched in November 2008 in Chicago, features a daily deal on the best stuff to do, eat, see and buy in 48 countries around the world. Groupon uses collective buying power to offer huge discounts and provide a win-win for business and consumers, delivering more than 1,000 daily deals globally. To subscribe for the best deals in your city, visit http://www.groupon.com. To learn how to become a featured business, visit http://www.grouponworks.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV