Newman Ferrara LLP Announces Investigation Of Ceradyne, Inc.
Newman Ferrara LLP has begun an investigation into potential claims against the Board of Directors of Ceradyne, Inc. (“Ceradyne”) (Nasdaq: CRDN) concerning the proposed acquisition of Ceradyne by 3M Co. (“3M”) (NYSE: MMM).
On October 1, 2012, Ceradyne announced that it had entered into an agreement and plan of merger to be acquired by 3M in an all cash deal valued at approximately $670 million. Under the terms of the agreement, Ceradyne’s shareholders will receive $35.00 in cash for each share of Ceradyne stock owned. However, Ceradyne common stock has traded at a 52-week high of $36.61 per share and has traded at $49.91 per share as recently as May 11, 2011.
Ceradyne’s Board of Directors has unanimously approved the proposed merger agreement which is expected to close before the end of this year.
Newman Ferrara LLP’s investigation concerns whether Ceradyne’s Board of Directors has breached its fiduciary duties to act in the best interests of Ceradyne’s shareholders and to take all necessary steps to ensure that Ceradyne’s shareholders receive the maximum value readily available for their shares of Ceradyne common stock.Concerned investors are encouraged to contact Newman Ferrara attorney Roy Shimon at (212) 619-5400 or email@example.com to discuss this investigation, their rights, or potential remedies. Newman Ferrara maintains a multifaceted practice based in New York City with attorneys specializing in complex commercial and multi-party litigation, securities fraud and shareholder litigation, consumer protection, civil rights, and real estate. For more information, please visit the firm website at www.nfllp.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV