October is Fair Trade Month and for more than a decade, Green Mountain Coffee ® has been a leader in the fair trade movement, providing a better cup of coffee to consumers and a better quality of life for coffee farmers. Still, only one in three 1 consumers are aware of what fair trade is all about – that a simple purchasing decision can help improve the lives of people around the world. Green Mountain Coffee and acclaimed musicians Grace Potter and Michael Franti are celebrating Fair Trade Month in a big way with “Great Coffee, Good Vibes, Pass It On” – an awareness campaign that will celebrate the good vibes of fair trade through free concerts and an opportunity to win a trip to Costa Rica, one of many locations where Green Mountain Coffee Fair Trade Certified™ coffee is grown.
As part of the campaign, Green Mountain Coffee took Grace Potter to Colombia and Michael Franti to Sumatra to experience firsthand why fair trade means better coffee for you and a better life for farmers.
“During my trip to Colombia, I didn’t just meet the coffee farmers, I met their children and their families,” said Potter, musician and spokesperson for Green Mountain Coffee. “Fair trade has truly brought a better quality of life to farming communities, from access to education to community development, and meeting with these people really opened my eyes to the impact fair trade has had on their lives.”
Exclusive Fair Trade PerformancesTo celebrate Fair Trade Month, both Potter and Franti will give exclusive performances streamed live on the Green Mountain Coffee ® Facebook page. Fans are invited to RSVP for the events at Facebook.com/GreenMountainCoffee and experience the good vibes firsthand:
- Oct. 9 at 9 p.m. EST/6 p.m. PST — Grace Potter will perform live from famed music venue Joe’s Pub in New York City. Potter’s set will feature unique acoustic versions of songs from her new album, The Lion The Beast The Beat.
- Oct. 24 at 11 p.m. EST/8 p.m. PST — Michael Franti will rev up Los Angeles from the first-ever Great Coffee, Good Vibes Lounge, brought to you by Green Mountain Coffee. Fans will be able to visit 7111 Melrose Avenue on October 24 and enjoy a free cup of Green Mountain Coffee Fair Trade Certified™ coffee.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts