Speaking at the Value Investing Congress in New York, Whitney Tilson of T2 Partners gave a presentation on why Netflix is a better business than Amazon (AMZN). Tilson contended that Netflix would "continue to grow faster than the market for considerable time." Tilson is long shares of Netflix.
In addition to being a hedge fund manager, Tilson is also responsible for putting together the Value Investing Congress, which runs Monday and Tuesday, and features top hedge fund names such as Bill Ackman and David Einhorn. TheStreet is attending the conference.
HP (HPQ) shares were higher by 2.11% to $17.42 as the company announced a new Windows 8-based tablet, aimed for the enterprise market. The ElitePad 900 is optimized for business applications, according to HP, and its features include an 8 megapixel camera on the back and a front-facing camera capable of 1080p video. The tablet is slated to go on sale early next year, though no prices for the device have been announced yet.
Splunk (SPLK) shares are down 5.47% to $34.71 after a hedge fund manager at the Value Investing Congress said he was short the name. Zack Buckley of Buckley Capital said detailed his short thesis on the San Francisco analytics software firm in a presentation. Interested in more on HP? See TheStreet Ratings' report card for this stock. --Written by Chris Ciaccia in New York >Contact by Email. Follow @Commodity_Bull
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV