Another recreation name is Polaris Industries (PII), the firm behind the ATVs and snowmobiles of the same name. Polaris also owns storied motorcycle brands Victory and Indian, and GEM light electric vehicles. With more than 1,600 dealers in North American alone, Polaris owns a significant chunk of the power sports industry, churning out more than $2.6 billion in sales last year, and net profit margins approaching 10%.
Most of Polaris' offerings are essentially toys -- and that's just fine, especially as the housing market makes palpable steps towards recovery and interest rates skim along historic lows. For consumers who were considering buying a vacation home a few years ago, opting to buy an ATV and make a daytrip to ride it may be a lot easier to stomach. And the readily available credit from partner banks mean that they can buy ATVs cheaper than before without adding any credit risk to Polaris' books.Financially, Polaris is in solid shape. The firm carries nearly $290 million in cash on its balance sheet, easily offsetting $107.6 million in total debt. And now, a more svelte operating profile means that PII is better suited to deal with future economic hiccups than it was a few years ago when its debt load was higher and cash was harder to come by. The firm announces its third quarter numbers on Oct. 18, but we're betting on shares of this Rocket Stock this week. To see all of this week's Rocket Stocks in action, check out the Rocket Stocks portfolio at Stockpickr. -- Written by Jonas Elmerraji in Baltimore.
Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV