The Delaware Division of Motor Vehicles (DMV) and Delaware.gov recently launched a new version of the Delaware Driver License Practice Test on the Windows Phone 7 platform, available at the Windows Phone Marketplace. The driver license practice test also is available for Android and iPhone. All versions can be downloaded at apps.delaware.gov.
The practice test debuted last year as a free and convenient tool to prepare future drivers for the written test required to obtain a Delaware driver license. Driver instructors and students alike have praised the app. The mobile practice test has also proven popular with Delaware’s Spanish-speaking community as a learning tool. DMV Director Jennifer Cohan would like Delawareans to know that, while the app is designed to provide the necessary foundation for novice drivers to meet their new responsibilities, it can also be used by existing driver license holders as a refresher on the rules of the road. She adds: “Mobile Applications are the next level in providing quality customer service to Delaware drivers. It’s my expectation that the driver license practice test will be just the first of many DMV mobile apps.”
The Windows Phone 7 version of the practice test follows last year’s releases of the iPhone and Android versions of the app. Delaware Interactive is the first in the NIC family of companies to make this app available on the Windows Phone 7 platform.
“We’re committed to creating new and convenient eGovernment tools for Delaware,” said Greg Hughes, Director of the Delaware Government Information Center (GIC), which leads eGovernment efforts in the First State. “Delaware Governor Jack Markell has directed us to look for ways to make government more efficient, effective and open; mobile apps and eGovernment tools will help us meet that goal.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV