3. NFL ref by night, small business banker by day. The NFL replacement ref who made that controversial call last week against the Green Bay Packers is actually a small business banker in California for Bank of America (BAC).
Lance Easley is a vice president for small business banking at BofA. He has worked for Charlotte, N.C.-based bank BofA since June 2011, according to American Banker. Before that he was a business banker for Wells Fargo (WFC).
Easley was at the center of perhaps one of the most controversial calls so far during a season that has been rife with complaints from fans, coaches and franchises as the NFL duked it out with its refs over pension contracts. (The two sides have since come to an agreement, with official refs returning as of Thursday night.)
According to American Banker, he is the president of the Los Padres Officials Association (high school basketball) and well known in the Santa Barbara area where he officiates high school and junior college football and basketball games. Earlier this year he attended a three-day training academy for aspiring college officials, the article says.-- Written by Laurie Kulikowski in New York. Follow @LKulikowski To contact Laurie Kulikowski, send an email to: Laurie.Kulikowski@thestreet.com. >To submit a news tip, email: email@example.com.
Follow TheStreet on Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV