I think this is an area that should generate some excitement for investors. But I caution that we not bet the company's entire future on it -- particularly since the company didn't go into much detail about it during the announcement.
It's like pulling teeth to get Wall Street analysts to say something indiscriminately positive about Oracle and its prospects. This is even though these same analysts have bumped up their average estimates for the fiscal year from $2.55 per share 60 days ago to $2.56. The Street has grown more enamored with Salesforce.com, EMC and even suggesting that Red Hat (RHT) might be a better investment option due to Oracle's perceived lack of growth.
But the numbers tell another story. In fact, I argue that Oracle's true value is far from being reflected in today's prices. Patient investors should be rewarded with a stock that is trading at $40 in the next six to 12 months.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV