Lazard Ltd (NYSE: LAZ) announced today that Edward M. Yorke has joined the firm as a Managing Director, Financial Advisory, and Head of North America Financial Sponsors. Based in New York, he will work closely with Fotis Hasiotis, Head of European Financial Sponsors in London. Mr. Yorke joins from Credit Suisse, where he was a Managing Director and Vice Chairman, Investment Banking, Americas.
Having worked with financial sponsors for more than 20 years, Mr. Yorke has advised on numerous transactions involving private equity, including leveraged buyouts, sales, IPOs and recapitalizations. He joined Credit Suisse in 2000 following the merger of Credit Suisse First Boston with Donaldson, Lufkin & Jenrette, where he was Co-Head of the Financial Sponsors Group. He was a Principal at Apollo Management and Lion Advisors for six years, and began his investment banking career at Drexel Burnham in 1986.
Mr. Yorke holds a B.S. in economics from the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania and a J.D. from the New York University School of Law.
About LazardLazard, one of the world's preeminent financial advisory and asset management firms, operates from 42 cities across 27 countries in North America, Europe, Asia, Australia, Central and South America. With origins dating back to 1848, the firm provides advice on mergers and acquisitions, strategic matters, restructuring and capital structure, capital raising and corporate finance, as well as asset management services to corporations, partnerships, institutions, governments and individuals. For more information on Lazard, please visit www.lazard.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV