FlexShares® Exchange Traded Funds, sponsored and managed by Northern Trust, has introduced two new ETFs that complement its U.S. tilt product (NYSE: TILT) by focusing on developed (NYSE: TLTD) and emerging markets (NYSE: TLTE) outside the U.S. The announcement coincides with FlexShares’ first anniversary, a year in which the suite of innovative funds accumulated more than $1.5 billion in assets, as of 9/22/2012.
The new funds, listed on the NYSE, seek to counterbalance the inherent bias toward large-growth companies embedded in market-weighted strategies by applying a nuanced “tilt” methodology toward the long-term growth potential of small cap and value stocks. And unlike many alternatively weighted approaches, FlexShares’ tilted index funds seek a consistent level of risk exposure to size and style providing total market coverage – including large cap and growth.
“Coming just after our one-year anniversary, this announcement gives us the opportunity to note the progress we’ve made in our first year,” said Shundrawn Thomas, head of Northern Trust's Exchange Traded Funds Group. "We continue to provide investors with distinctive, yet practical solutions. Now, with our two additional tilted index funds, investors have the ability to apply the strategy to investments across the globe."
FlexShares ETFs help provide investors with the flexibility to construct, allocate and manage portfolios according to their real-world goals. The new ETFs are:
- FlexShares Morningstar Developed Markets ex-U.S. Factor Tilt Index Fund (TLTD)
- FlexShares Morningstar Developed Markets ex-U.S. Factor Tilt Index ETF seeks to enhance exposure to international stocks by tilting the portfolio toward the long-term growth potential of the small cap and value segments. It seeks to provide investors with an expanded opportunity set of developed market stocks from outside the U.S. to help meet their longer term capital appreciation needs, while attempting to enhance portfolio risk/return characteristics.
- FlexShares Morningstar Emerging Market Factor Tilt Index Fund (TLTE)
- FlexShares Morningstar Emerging Market Factor Tilt Index ETF seeks to enhance exposure to developing market stocks by tilting the portfolio toward the long-term growth potential of the small cap and value segments. It seeks to provide investors with an emerging market equity option that helps to meet their longer term capital appreciation needs while attempting to enhance portfolio risk/return characteristics.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts