The benchmark 10-year Treasury rose 3/32, diluting the yield to 1.628%. The greenback fell 0.10%, according to the dollar index.
Wendy's (WEN) shares tumbled 6.1% after Janney Capital cuts its view on the quick-service hamburger stock to neutral and brought down its valuation forecast on Wendy's to $4.75, estimating flat to a 2% decline in North American same-store sales.
Berkshire Hathaway's (BRK.B) MidAmerican Energy subsidiary agreed to buy two wind projects under construction about 120 miles north of Los Angeles from wind developer Terra-Gen Power. Berkshire shares added less than 1% on the news.Cal-Maine Foods (CALM) posted first-quarter earnings of 39 cents a share, up from 13 cents a share the same time last year as revenue increased 12% to $272.9 million, reflecting higher average market prices for shell eggs. Analysts were expecting earnings of 40 cents a share on revenue of $282 million. Shares closed up 1.7%. Goldman Sachs (GS) shares rose 2.8% after a Barron's article over the weekend suggested the stock could rise 25% next year.
2012 Stock Predictions and Outlook
|Your one-stop shop for 2012 stock recommendations and market predictions.
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Andrea Tse. Follow @Commodity_Bull
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV