BILLERICA, Mass., Oct. 1, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- American Science and Engineering, Inc. ("AS&E") (Nasdaq:ASEI), a leading worldwide supplier of innovative X-ray detection solutions, announced today the receipt of a follow-on order for two of the Company's top-selling, patented Z Backscatter ™ Vans (ZBV) from a customs agency in the Asia Pacific region. The order includes operator training, service, and warranty.
"As one of the first customers of the original ZBV ™ C-Class system in 2006, this customs agency in Asia Pacific has seen the remarkable benefits of the ZBV system to detect trade fraud, drugs, and contraband," said Anthony R. Fabiano, President and CEO of AS&E. "With this fifth order, our loyal and valued customer is among the world's most prestigious customs and government organizations that continue to build up their fleet of ZBV systems to better protect their borders."
The ZBV system is available in three configurations — ZBV C-Class, ZBV R-Class, and ZBV S-Class — to meet the diverse needs of ZBV customers:
- ZBV C-Class: The original ZBV system built with a custom coach on a Mercedes-Benz ® Sprinter cab chassis.
- ZBV R-Class: Built for rugged terrain, the Ford ® F550 ® chassis offers 4WD, additional ground clearance and a crew cab for extra space.
- ZBV S-Class: The newest addition to the ZBV line, built in a standard Mercedes-Benz Sprinter panel van for a contemporary appearance and with a reduced operational footprint for scanning objects in the tightest confines.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV