BILLERICA, Mass., Oct. 1, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- American Science and Engineering, Inc. ("AS&E") (Nasdaq:ASEI), a leading worldwide supplier of innovative X-ray detection solutions, announced today the receipt of a follow-on order for two of the Company's top-selling, patented Z Backscatter ™ Vans (ZBV) from a customs agency in the Asia Pacific region. The order includes operator training, service, and warranty.
"As one of the first customers of the original ZBV ™ C-Class system in 2006, this customs agency in Asia Pacific has seen the remarkable benefits of the ZBV system to detect trade fraud, drugs, and contraband," said Anthony R. Fabiano, President and CEO of AS&E. "With this fifth order, our loyal and valued customer is among the world's most prestigious customs and government organizations that continue to build up their fleet of ZBV systems to better protect their borders."
The ZBV system is available in three configurations — ZBV C-Class, ZBV R-Class, and ZBV S-Class — to meet the diverse needs of ZBV customers:
- ZBV C-Class: The original ZBV system built with a custom coach on a Mercedes-Benz ® Sprinter cab chassis.
- ZBV R-Class: Built for rugged terrain, the Ford ® F550 ® chassis offers 4WD, additional ground clearance and a crew cab for extra space.
- ZBV S-Class: The newest addition to the ZBV line, built in a standard Mercedes-Benz Sprinter panel van for a contemporary appearance and with a reduced operational footprint for scanning objects in the tightest confines.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts