Early on Monday, Facebook Chief Operating Officer Sheryl Sandberg discussed "the huge opportunity" offered by mobile during an interview with CNBC and voiced the company's disappointment and surprise about its botched IPO earlier this year.
Facebook was also one of the most active premarket stocks on share volume of 406,000.
Apple (AAPL) was another gainer, rising 0.66% to $671.49.Research In Motion (RIMM) shares slipped 0.53% to $7.46, pulling back slightly after last week's gains. The Canadian handset maker posted a narrower-than-expected second-quarter loss last week, much to the delight of investors, although there's still plenty of Wall Street skepticism about the company. RIM was also the most active premarket Nasdaq stock on share volume of 215,917. Sirius XM (SIRI) shares dipped 0.39% to $2.58 before market open. --Written by James Rogers in New York. Follow @jamesjrogers >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV