SAN JOSE, Calif., Oct. 1, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Atmel ® Corporation (NASDAQ: ATML), a leader in microcontroller and touch technology solutions, today announced that it has completed the sale of its Serial Flash memory product lines to privately-held, Adesto Technologies Corporation. Terms were not disclosed. The transaction covers the Atmel AT45XXX ("Data Flash") and AT25XXX ("BIOS Flash") product families and employee teams supporting those products. To help ensure a smooth customer transition, Atmel has agreed to provide transition services to Adesto. Atmel has retained its Serial EEPROM, Crypto and Digital Temperature Sensor memory product lines and plans to continue to invest in those businesses.
A bout AtmelAtmel Corporation (Nasdaq: ATML) is a worldwide leader in the design and manufacture of microcontrollers, capacitive touch solutions, advanced logic, mixed-signal, nonvolatile memory and radio frequency (RF) components. Leveraging one of the industry's broadest intellectual property (IP) technology portfolios, Atmel is able to provide the electronics industry with complete system solutions focused on industrial, consumer, communications, computing and automotive markets.
© 2012 Atmel Corporation. All Rights Reserved. Atmel
®, Atmel logo and combinations thereof and others are registered trademarks or trademarks of Atmel Corporation or its subsidiaries. Other terms and product names may be trademarks of others.
Investor Contact: Peter Schuman, Director of Investor Relations1-408-437-2026
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV