HOUSTON, Oct. 1, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Synthesis Energy Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ: SYMX) announced today that its board of directors has appointed Gao Feng, chairman and president of Hongye International Investment Group Co., Ltd. ("Hongye") to the Company's board, filling the vacancy created by the passing of Michael Storey in October 2011.
Mr. Gao is joining SES' board of directors pursuant to the terms of the Share Purchase Agreement between the Company and Hongye. On September 24, 2012, SES announced the closing of a strategic equity investment by Hongye for a total of $8.7 million, representing 5,777,700 shares or 9.99% of SES' common stock.
Since 2007, Mr. Gao, age 42, has been the chairman and president of Hongye, which is headquartered in Beijing, China. Hongye is a private, diversified group operating in the energy & natural resources, finance and bio-pharmaceuticals industries. Mr. Gao has more than 20 years of experience in the coking and coal mining business. These include working as plant manager at coking plants and serving as chairman and mine manager of various coal mining companies in Inner Mongolia, China. Mr. Gao is currently serving as a representative of the Wuhai Municipal People's Congress, committee member of the China National Democratic Construction Association Inner Mongolia division, vice chairman and vice president of the Federation of Industry and Commerce of Inner Mongolia and director of the China Enterprise Confederation. During Mr. Gao's distinguished career, he has received numerous important awards, including "Moral Youth Model of China," "Caring Entrepreneur of China" and "Honest and Trustworthy Entrepreneur in China."
Mr. Gao's appointment brings the number of SES Board members to seven.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV