Silicon Image (NASDAQ: SIMG), a leading provider of HD connectivity solutions, today announced that its 60GHz wireless, home theater, and mobile technologies have been incorporated in Sharp’s new VR-WH1 wireless adapter, which is designed to connect up to four source devices, including MHL®-enabled smartphones, to HD displays using WirelessHD® technology. Silicon Image will demonstrate the Sharp VR-WH1 wireless adapter in the Silicon Image demo suite at the APA Resort Hotel (Makuhari Messe) in Chiba, Japan during the 2012 CEATEC show from October 2-5, 2012.
“Being able to support a wide range of device connection options with the highest quality audio and video was key in the development of the VR-WH1 wireless adapter, and Silicon Image’s technologies met all of our requirements,” said Ryoji Ohno, division general manager of Sharp’s Audio-Visual Systems Group. “We are focused on offering users a product with tremendous flexibility and performance for a superior entertainment experience and the VR-WH1 wireless adapter delivers on this promise.”
The Sharp VR-WH1 is a WirelessHD-enabled adapter pair providing a 4-port input transmitter that supports connections to both MHL and HDMI® source devices, and a WirelessHD receiver that connects to any HDMI-compliant display. The VR-WH1 integrates Silicon Image’s SiI6310/6320/6321 Gen3 chipset and SiI9573 port processor to offer a feature-packed solution that includes:
- 60GHz WirelessHD-compliant connectivity for uncompressed, full HD-quality wireless video transmission with near-zero latency
- MHL input for connectivity with the latest generation of smartphones and portable devices
- HDMI 1.4b support for 1080P/60 and 3D video, as well multiple audio formats, including Dolby Digital™, DTS™, and High Bitrate formats such as Dolby TrueHD™ and DTS MasterHD
- InstaPort™S technology for fast switching between HDMI inputs
- InstaPrevue™ technology, which provides a live picture-in-picture preview of every HDMI/MHL input
“The Sharp VR-WH1 adapter showcases the breadth of technologies Silicon Image offers for high-definition connectivity,” said Tim Vehling, vice president and general manager of the wireless division at Silicon Image, Inc. “Based on our Gen3 WirelessHD chipset, the Sharp adapter is ideal for consumers who want a compelling experience for wirelessly connecting multiple high-definition AV products – including MHL-enabled smartphones and portable devices – to HD displays where cable connections are impractical.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV