Imation Corp. (NYSE: IMN), a global scalable storage and data security company, today announced the availability of a new archiving solution from Imation and QStar Technologies Inc., a global provider of enterprise-class archive and data management software. The Imation and QStar Solution for Archiving combines QStar Archive Manager software with the Imation RDX® A8 Hard Disk Storage Array to deliver a flexible, low-cost active archive solution for small and medium-sized businesses (SMBs) and work groups.
“The Imation and QStar bundled solution brings the benefits of removable disc and enterprise storage technology to the global SMB community at a very affordable price point,” said Eric Slack, senior analyst, Storage Switzerland. “For those users that want to leverage their infrastructure already in place this provides an easy, yet reliable answer for their archival needs.”
Various industry-specific regulations and internally mandated requirements require the accessibility and long-term storage of business data. Companies, especially those with more rigid archive demands and large data sets – such as those in the healthcare, education, government and engineering industries – are challenged to implement archive solutions that scale to accommodate data growth while providing efficient data retention management and regulatory compliance. The Imation and QStar Solution for Archiving:
- Creates an archive tier, managing both online and unlimited offline media;
- Reduces primary storage and backup needs, lowering overall storage infrastructure and running costs;
- Includes Retention Management schemes to secure files for a pre-defined period for regulatory compliance or internal mandates;
- Supports seamless integration with SMBs chosen network security models as software can be installed on Windows or Linux servers;
- Enables massive scalability as QStar Archive Manager can support from one to 256 Imation RDX A8 Arrays, which equals more than 2 petabytes of online capacity; and
- Supports media replication for disaster recovery purposes to additional RDX media within the same A8 array or replicated to a remote second Imation RDX A8.
"Small businesses have limited IT staff and resources, so any archive solution that is easier and more intuitive to deploy, configure and manage can pay substantial dividends," said Bill Schilling, director of marketing, Scalable Storage, Imation. "By testing and integrating Archive Manager software with the Imation RDX A8 Storage Array, Imation and QStar enable channel partners to deliver a flexible archive storage solution that is right-sized for data-intensive, compliance-driven businesses."
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts