Escape Planning Safety Tips from Domino's and NFPA
About Domino's Pizza ®
- Visit each room in your home and plan two ways out. One way out will be a door and the second way could be another door or a window.
- All windows and doors should open easily. You should be able to use them to get outside.
- Pick a meeting place outside in front of your home. This is where everyone will meet once they've escaped.
- Make sure your home has working smoke alarms on every level, inside each bedroom and outside each sleeping area. For the best protection, they should be interconnected so when one sounds, they all sound.
- Learn the emergency number for your fire department.
- Practice your home fire escape drill!
- If the smoke alarm sounds, get outside and stay outside. Call the fire department from outside the home using a cell or neighbor's phone.
Founded in 1960, Domino's Pizza is the recognized world leader in pizza delivery. Domino's is listed on the NYSE under the symbol "DPZ." As of the second quarter of 2012, through its global footprint primarily made up of locally-owned and operated franchises, Domino's operated a network of 9,924 franchised and Company-owned stores in
the United States
and over 70 international markets. During the second quarter of 2012, Domino's had global retail sales of nearly
, comprised of over
domestically and nearly
internationally. Domino's Pizza had global retail sales of over
in 2011, comprised of over
domestically and over
, Pizza Today named Domino's its "Chain of the Year" for the second straight year – making the company a three-time overall winner, and the first pizza delivery company to receive the honor in back-to-back years. In 2011, Domino's was ranked #1 in Forbes Magazine's "Top 20 Franchises for the Money" list.