ANN ARBOR, Mich., Oct. 1, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Domino's Pizza (NYSE: DPZ), the recognized world leader in pizza delivery, is teaming up with the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) and Sparky the Fire Dog ® for the fifth consecutive year to deliver fire safety messages to homes across the nation.
During Fire Prevention Week, Oct. 7-13, participating markets in the U.S. will be delivering important fire safety messages on top of pizza boxes featuring Sparky the Fire Dog. The messages support the theme for the Fire Prevention Week campaign: "Have Two Ways Out!"
In addition, customers who order from participating Domino's Pizza stores throughout the U.S. in October may be surprised when their delivery arrives aboard a fire engine. If all the smoke alarms in the home are working, the pizza is free. If a smoke alarm is not working, the firefighters will replace the batteries or install a fully functioning fire safety device in the home.
"Domino's delivers one million pizzas a day worldwide, so we reach a lot of people in their homes, where fire safety begins," said Chris Brandon, Domino's Pizza spokesperson. "Through our partnership with the NFPA, we are able to use our network of delivery experts to deliver important fire safety messages and to help make homes across the country a little safer. We're thrilled to have achieved so much with NFPA over the last five years, and look forward to many more years of success.""More than 90 percent of structure fire deaths are attributed to home fires and we appreciate Domino's efforts to get NFPA's safety tips delivered to people in their homes on top of pizza boxes," said Lorraine Carli, NFPA vice president of communications. "By following a few safety tips, like having a home fire escape plan which includes having two ways out, the chances of surviving a fire if one occurs are greatly improved."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV