“We look forward to the opportunities ahead for Cal-Maine Foods in fiscal 2013. Current market conditions are favorable with strong retail demand for eggs, especially as we head into the busy holiday season. We believe we are well positioned to succeed in this environment. We have a proven management team focused on executing our strategy to be an efficient low cost producer, expand our specialty egg business, provide exceptional customer service and identify suitable acquisitions to enhance our growth and build shareholder value,” added Baker.
For the first quarter of fiscal 2013, Cal-Maine Foods will pay a cash dividend of approximately $0.13 per share to holders of its common and Class A common stock. The amount paid could vary slightly based on the amount of outstanding shares on the record date. The dividend is payable November 15, 2012, to shareholders of record on October 31, 2012.
Selected operating statistics for the first quarter of fiscal 2013 compared with the prior year period are shown below:
|13 Weeks Ended|
|Dozen Eggs Sold (000)||210,061||208,096|
|Dozen Eggs Produced (000)||157,902||159,443|
|% Specialty Sales (dozen)||
|Net Average Selling Price (dozen)||$||1.238||$||1.117|
|Feed Cost (dozen)||$||0.510||$||0.484|
|% Specialty Sales (dollars)||23.5||%||23.6||%|
Cal-Maine Foods, Inc. is primarily engaged in the production, grading, packing and sale of fresh shell eggs, including conventional, cage-free, organic and nutritionally-enhanced eggs. The Company, which is headquartered in Jackson, Mississippi, is the largest producer and distributor of fresh shell eggs in the United States and sells the majority of its shell eggs in approximately 29 states across the southwestern, southeastern, mid-western and mid-Atlantic regions of the United States.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV