Boeing's (BA) engineers and technical workers' union, which represents 23,000 workers, rejected late Monday the aerospace giant's four-year contract offers.
Talks on an agreement are expected to resume Tuesday.
Automakers such as Ford (F) and General Motors (GM) are expected to post auto and truck sales for September throughout Tuesday.
Earnings scheduled for Tuesday include Acuity Brands (ACU), Mosaic (MOS), Resources Connection (RECN) and, Xyratex (XRTX).
-- Written by Joseph Woelfel
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Joseph Woelfel >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV