Firstbank Corp Michigan Stock Downgraded (FBMI)
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Get full access to Jim Cramer's thoughts for less than $3/week - sometimes before he says them on TV! Start with a 14-Day Free Trial.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 733.33% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 110.46% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Although FBMI had significant growth over the past year, our hold rating indicates that we do not recommend additional investment in this stock at the current time.
- FIRSTBANK CORP reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. This trend suggests that the performance of the business is improving. During the past fiscal year, FIRSTBANK CORP increased its bottom line by earning $0.50 versus $0.27 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.88 versus $0.50).
- The gross profit margin for FIRSTBANK CORP is currently very high, coming in at 75.30%. It has increased significantly from the same period last year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 12.70% trails the industry average.
- Despite the weak revenue results, FBMI has outperformed against the industry average of 16.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 1.5%. The declining revenue has not hurt the company's bottom line, with increasing earnings per share.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. When compared to other companies in the Commercial Banks industry and the overall market, FIRSTBANK CORP's return on equity is below that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
-- Written by a member of TheStreet Ratings Staff
FREE from Real Money's Jim Cramer: Winners and Losers Election 2012 - Steps to take NOW so you can profit no matter who is in charge! Free download now.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.