REDWOOD CITY, Calif., Oct. 1, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Informatica Corporation (Nasdaq: INFA), the world's number one independent leader in data integration software, today announced its decision to make, through its indirect wholly-owned subsidiary Informatica Deutschland AG, a voluntary public takeover offer in accordance with German laws to acquire all outstanding shares of German-listed Heiler Software AG (WKN 542 990). The consideration to be offered to all shareholders of Heiler Software will be EUR 7.04 per share in cash, or approximately EUR 80.8 million for the total number of outstanding shares (excluding treasury shares).
"The combination of Informatica's proven multi-domain MDM platform and Heiler Software's best-in-class PIM solution would deliver unique value to our customers," said Sohaib Abbasi, chairman and CEO, Informatica. "Hundreds of customers rely on Informatica's multi-domain MDM platform to manage master data, including cross-domain relationships, and synchronize accurate master data across operational and analytic systems. Customers around the world rely on Heiler Software's PIM solution to manage the entire product data lifecycle for multi-channel commerce. The combination would deliver unique value to analyze relationships between products, customers, vendors and locations to optimize multi-channel commerce. With social computing and mobile computing transforming commerce, we are uniquely positioned to capture this growth opportunity together."
Rolf J. Heiler, CEO, Heiler Software, said: "Informatica is a global leader in data integration software. A closer collaboration with Informatica provides many advantages for our customers, employees and partners. Our customers in the retail, manufacturing and distribution industries will be able to enhance revenue and profitability by refining their product portfolios, vendor mix and promotional offers across multiple channels."Informatica Multi-domain MDM and Heiler Software Multi-channel PIM to Deliver Unique Value The combination of Informatica's multi-domain master data management platform with Heiler Software's multi-channel product information management solution would:
- Expand Informatica's MDM business, advance Informatica's leadership in MDM and extend Heiler Software's leadership in PIM.
- Empower customers to optimize multi-channel commerce, including emerging growth opportunities through social and mobile commerce.
- An authoritative view of products, customers, manufacturers and suppliers, as well as the relationships between them.
- Faster new product introduction, with less manual effort, and more accurate, trustworthy data.
- Automated on-boarding of supplier data to expand the portfolio of products in e‑commerce channels, also known as "endless aisle."
- The exchange of data with trading partners.
- The interchange of data with on-premise and cloud-based enterprise resource planning (ERP), Customer Relationship Management (CRM) and analytical applications.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts