KYOTO, Japan, Oct. 1, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Nidec Corporation (NYSE:NJ) ("Nidec", "the Company" or "we") today announced that it completed the acquisition of Avtron Industrial Automation, Inc., a privately owned U.S. company (the "Acquired Business" or "Avtron"), from Morgenthaler, a private equity fund, on September 28, 2012, through Nidec US Holdings Corporation, a U.S. holding company newly established by the Company in the United States. As a result, the Acquired Business became a subsidiary of the Company, as outlined below.
1. Outline of the Acquired Business
1. Company Name Avtron Industrial Automation, Inc. 2. Capital Structure Nidec US Holdings Corporation, a wholly owned subsidiary of Nidec, owns 100% of Avtron. 3. Outline of Avtron (1) Directors: Chairman of the Board of Directors: Patrick Murphy (CEO of Nidec Motor Corporation) Director: Dennis Anderson (President of Avtron) Director: Richard Heppe (President, Industrial Motor Division, Nidec Motor Corporation) Director: Motoyoshi Hanaoka (Vice President of the Company) Director: Richard DelGallo (Vice President of Finance, Nidec Motor Corporation) (2) Address: 7555 E. Pleasant Valley Road, Independence, Ohio 44131 (3) Employees: 154 4. Outline of Nidec US Holdings Corporation (1) Directors: Chairman of the Board of Directors: Shigenobu Nagamori (Representative Director, President and Chief Executive Officer of the Company) Director and President: Patrick Murphy (CEO of Nidec Motor Corporation) Director: Masuo Yoshimatsu (Member of the Board, Senior Vice President and Chief Financial Officer of the Company) Director: Motoyoshi Hanaoka (Vice President of the Company) Director: Elizabeth Miller (CFO of Nidec Motor Corporation) (2) Address: 8050 W. Florissant Avenue, St. Loius, Missouri 63136
2. Future Operation Policy and Investment PlanThe Company has endeavored to strengthen and expand its industrial motor business as one of its strategically important business areas, where Nidec Motor Corporation (formerly, Emerson Electric Co.'s motors and controls business, "NMC"), which the Company acquired in September 2010, has been the primary operating subsidiary. Through the acquisition of Avtron, the Company seeks to strengthen the industrial motor and automation solutions businesses of NMC and Ansaldo Sistemi Industriali S.p.A. ("ASI"), which we acquired in May 2012, in North America, and accelerate the Company's strategy to achieve synergies with the acquired companies. In particular, Avtron's rich system engineering resources and experience, together with the customer relationships Avtron has established, are expected to enhance the Company's automation solutions capabilities in North America and contribute to the Company's success in achieving business synergies with ASI.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV