LONDON, Oct. 1, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- BGC Partners, Inc. (NASDAQ: BGCP) ("BGC Partners" or "BGC"), a leading global brokerage company servicing the wholesale financial markets, today announced the appointment of Peter O'Toole as Managing Director, New Business Development, London and specified European initiatives. In this role, Mr. O'Toole will assume responsibility for a number of existing business groups and focus on building BGC's financial services business as it expands into new product areas, hires talented professionals and explores further opportunities for organic growth and acquisition. He will join BGC's London executive management committee and report to Mark Webster, Executive Managing Director and General Manager.
Mr. O'Toole joins BGC with more than 26 years' experience in the financial services industry. Prior to BGC he was a partner of Teragon Capital Ltd. From 1990 until 2010 he worked at ICAP. During this time he founded its securities business, launched Exotix Ltd, its frontier emerging markets business, and played a senior role in ICAP's development. In addition, he was a board member of ICAP Private Group Ltd.
Commenting on the appointment, Mr. Webster said: "Peter joins BGC as we seek to expand our business by exploring opportunities for growth, hiring highly talented professionals and broadening the range of products we offer our valued customers. His entrepreneurial track record, industry knowledge and extensive managerial experience make him a natural choice and I am confident he will be a strong asset and valuable addition to our management team."Mr. O'Toole said: "I am extremely pleased to join BGC which has a fantastic reputation, strong business performance and entrepreneurial, highly respected management team. I look forward to playing a key role in building BGC's financial services business and capitalizing on growth opportunities alongside Mark and his team."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV