- “The proposed exchange ratio… in veering off from the well-established, enduring market ratio, is a cause for concern, and should legitimately be scrutinized by shareholders.”
- “The fact that the special committee’s financial advisor could not explain why the non-voting shares trade at a discount to the voting shares does not change, much less dismiss, the demonstrable facts that the discount does exist in market prices, and that any exchange ratio other than the market ratio affords a market premium – real economic value – to one class of shares or the other.”
- “An exchange ratio which forces the voting shares to suffer voting dilution, then cede a market premium to the other share class as well, flies in the face of the principle that voting rights themselves have value.”
- “Additional economic benefits from the transaction that would benefit both classes of shares – particularly the expectations of additional trading liquidity – do not necessarily provide logical justification for a transaction at this particular exchange ratio.”
- “…[T]he terms of the transaction do stipulate that employee stock options for non-voting shares will be exchanged for options on voting shares – which already traded at a higher price – without adjusting the strike price. This effectively grants a bonus, if not quite a windfall, to holders of those options, who saw their option value appreciate simply through the mechanism of the option exchange, before any organic price appreciation.”
ISS Recommends TELUS Shareholders Scrutinize Proposed Exchange Ratio
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.