Jim Cramer's Best Blogs
Sep 29, 2012 | 12:06 PM EDT
What China's Stimulus Means for U.S. Markets Posted at 1:44 p.m. EDT on Thursday, Sept. 27 We keep hearing that stocks have advanced and seeing the headline "Stocks Advance Because of the Hope for Chinese Stimulus." This headline is a recurring excuse for any advance, particularly a commodity-led one, so perhaps it is worth parsing where we are with Chinese stimulus and what it means for our markets. First, we always get excited about Chinese stimulus when we see the Chinese stock market rally like it did last night, with a better than 2.5% gain for the most closely followed Chinese stock index. That makes sense when you consider that the European stock indices all turned ahead of when the rich countries agreed, preliminarily at least, to help the poor ones.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas