SUGAR LAND, Texas, Sept. 29, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- CVR Energy confirms a boiler explosion occurred at its Wynnewood, Okla., refinery at approximately 6:30 p.m. today. One employee was fatally injured. Another employee was taken to an area hospital. Identities of the two employees and further information have not been released. All other employees are accounted for at this time. Initial reports indicate there was no impact to the surrounding community.
Company officials express their deepest sympathies to the employees and families affected by this tragedy.
Company officials are assessing the situation and will provide updates as information becomes available.About CVR Energy, Inc. Headquartered in Sugar Land, Texas, CVR Energy, Inc.'s (NYSE: CVI) subsidiary and affiliated businesses operate independent refining assets in Coffeyville, Kan. and Wynnewood, Okla. with more than 185,000 barrels per day of processing capacity, a marketing network for supplying high value transportation fuels to customers through tanker trucks and pipeline terminals, and a crude oil gathering system serving Kansas, Oklahoma, western Missouri, southwestern Nebraska and Texas. In addition, CVR Energy subsidiaries own a majority interest in and serve as the general partner of CVR Partners, LP, a producer of ammonia and urea ammonium nitrate, or UAN, fertilizers. For further information, please contact: Media Relations: Angie DasbachCVR Energy, Inc. 913-982-0482 MediaRelations@CVREnergy.com Marti Boone Griffin Communications Group 713-823-6191 Marti@griffincg.com SOURCE CVR Energy
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV