Editor's Note: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model. Banco Santander (SAN) pushed the Financial sector lower today making it today's featured Financial laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day down 0.3%. By the end of trading, Banco Santander fell 23 cents (-3%) to $7.46 on average volume. Throughout the day, 5.4 million shares of Banco Santander exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 5.8 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $7.43-$7.55 after having opened the day at $7.54 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $7.69. Other companies within the Financial sector that declined today were: Millennium India Acquisition Corporation (SMCG), down 17.1%, Roma Financial Corporation (ROMA), down 9%, Life Partners Holdings (LPHI), down 8.8%, and VelocityShares 3x Inverse Crude ETN (DWTI), down 8.5%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Get full access to Jim Cramer's thoughts for less than $3/week - sometimes before he says them on TV! Start with a 14-Day Free Trial.
- You can view the full Banco Santander Ratings Report.
- Use our financial section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about SAN
Ex-Div Reminder For Banco Santander SA's 10.5% Non-Cumulative Guaranteed Series 10 Preferred Securities
Banco Santander Floating Rate Non-Cumulative Series 6 Guaranteed Preferred Securities About To Put More Money In Your Pocket
Reminder: Banco Santander SA's 6.80% Non-Cumulative Series 4 Guaranteed Preferred Securities Goes Ex-Dividend Soon
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV