Tesla Motors (TSLA) designs, develops, manufactures and sells electric vehicles and advanced electric vehicle powertrain components. This stock is trading up 3.6% at $29.57 in recent trading.
Today's Volume: 2.3 millionAverage Volume: 1.4 million Volume % Change: 158% Shares of TSLA are spiking higher today after the company priced its secondary offering of 6.9 million shares at $28.25 a share. >>5 Stocks With Big Insider Buying From a technical perspective, TSLA is trending up here back above its 50-day moving average of $29.17 with above-average volume. This move is quickly pushing TSLA within range of triggering a near-term breakout trade. That trade will hit once TSLA manages to clear its 200-day moving average at $30.93, and then take out some more overhead resistance at $32.78 with high volume. Traders should now look for long-biased traders in TSLA as long as its trending above its 50-day, and then once it sustains a move or close above those breakout levels with volume that's near or above 1.4 million shares. If that breakout triggers soon, then look for TSLA to possibly re-test or take out its next significant overhead resistance level at $36.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV