It doesn't any more.
Om Malik started
All these grew into full-fledged tech news sites, each with their own unique point of view, and a personality driving them. They were far from alone. Across the Internet individual journalists took their passions, launched small blogs, then scaled them the way great chefs scale their recipes into restaurants, and then restaurant chains.
Cnet is suffering the "death of 1,000 cuts." The suits in New York don't notice any one cut, they barely take notice when top staffers depart, but not all big companies are ignoring the new, personality-driven reality.
Wall Street Journal wisely put its own tech news site,
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV