Groupon ( http://www.groupon.com) (NASDAQ: GRPN) announced today that Rob Kilgarriff will assume the role of Vice President, North American Sales & Account Management. Kilgarriff will be based in the company’s Chicago headquarters and report to Kal Raman, Senior Vice President, Global Sales and Operations.
With more than 30 years of sales and marketing experience, Kilgariff will lead the daily operations of Groupon’s sales organization. Kilgarriff comes to Groupon from GlobalScholar, where he served under Raman for three years as Senior Vice President, Sales. Prior to GlobalScholar, he held various senior leadership roles in sales, marketing, product management, support and finance at companies including Reader’s Digest, Plato Learning, Jostens Corporation and Project Achieve. Kilgarriff also spent more than a dozen years working within sales and technology capacities for GE Plastics and GE Capital, spanning strategy, advertising, customer segmentation and alternative channel management.
“I’ve seen firsthand how effectively Rob leads a sales force; he truly understands what motivates a sales team, drives revenue, and unites departments across an organization,” said Kal Raman, SVP Global Sales and Operations. “With a focus on high quality deals and operational excellence, we’re confident he’ll lead the team to serve our greater mission – customer and merchant satisfaction.”
About GrouponGroupon, launched in November 2008 in Chicago, features a daily deal on the best stuff to do, eat, see and buy in 48 countries around the world. Groupon uses collective buying power to offer huge discounts and provide a win-win for business and consumers, delivering more than 1,000 daily deals globally. To subscribe for the best deals in your city, visit http://www.groupon.com. To learn how to become a featured business, visit http://www.grouponworks.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV