5 Top Beer Apps for Oktoberfest
Wiesen 2012 is an amusing way to navigate through the 14 festival halls (popularly known as "beer tents"), 15 small tents, and 114 kiosks selling sweets, fruit, souvenirs and coffee at Oktoberfest.
The list of tents include details about the managing brewery and beer price. Other than the €14.60 wheat beer sold in the Weinzelt Tent, the average price for one liter of beer is €9.35 this year - 43% more than one liter of Oktoberfest beer in 2002, according to the City of Munich's official site.
The app's cartoon icons can be deceiving, but Wiesen 2012 includes extensive information on the festival to enrich visitors' experiences at the Oktoberfest. It includes a map with directions to amusement rides, attractions and activities around the fairgrounds, another map directing users to local nightclubs, a weekly weather forecast, transport information, beers, and beer prices from each year and a festival program, beginning with the opening ceremonies on Sept. 22 to the closing on Sunday Oct. 7. The app also includes a dictionary of Bavarian terms and a live video of the festival grounds.The most entertaining, but arguably most useful, feature calculates users' blood alcohol level based on the time of day the first beer was consumed, the number of beers consumed, and the user's gender and weight. This free app is compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad, but requires iOS 3.0 or later.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV