5 Top Beer Apps for Oktoberfest
NEW YORK (TheStreet) - There may be approximately 2,000 "Oktoberfests" organized annually throughout the world, according to the official site of Munich, but the German city's Oktoberfest, which is currently underway, trumps all of them.
The three-week long festival, hosted on 26 acres near Munich City Center, will welcome about 6 million beer lovers, employ 12,000 workers and generate an estimated 1 billion Euros for the city.
Dating back to 1810, when Bavarian Prince Ludwig married Princess Therese of Sachsen-Hildburghausen in an epic five-day wedding celebration, the Munich Oktoberfest is said to be the largest folk festival in the world.
But don't be fooled by sightings of Bavarian lederhosen, dirndls, and the limited menu of bratwursts, pork knuckles and chicken - Not all of the traditions at the original Oktoberfest are two-centuries old. In fact, TheStreet recommends that the most devoted beer festival fans download these five Apple (AAPL) iPad apps to fully tap into the fun (responsibly, of course):
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV