One stock in the biotechnology and drugs complex that's trending within range of triggering a major breakout trade is Novavax (NVAX), whose product pipeline focuses on a variety of infectious diseases and whose vaccine candidates have completed clinical trials that target pandemic influenza, seasonal influenza and respiratory syncytial virus. This stock is off to a hot start in 2012, with shares up over 60% so far.
If you take a look at the chart for Novavax, you'll notice that this stock has been trading inside of a large range for the past two months, with shares bouncing between $1.80 on the downside and $2.24 on the upside. A high-volume move outside of the upper-end of that range will trigger a major breakout trade for shares of Novavax.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV