- ES Cell International Pte Ltd. (ESI), a Singapore company that developed the first human embryonic stem cells generated under conditions designed to be compliant with current good manufacturing practices (cGMP). ESI holds significant intellectual property assets in the stem cell field, including a patent cross license with Geron Corporation (NASDAQ: GERN) providing a non-exclusive, worldwide cross license to certain patent rights owned by Geron and ESI covering the differentiation of neural cells from human embryonic stem cells.
- Cell Cure Neurosciences Ltd., a majority-owned subsidiary of BioTime that is developing therapeutic products derived from stem cells for the treatment of retinal and neural degenerative diseases. Cell Cure's lead product is OpRegen™, a retinal cell product for use in the treatment of age-related macular degeneration.
- Glycosan BioSystems, Inc., the developer of HyStem ® hydrogel products, from which BioTime is developing Renevia™ as a biocompatible, implantable hyaluronan and collagen-based matrix for cell delivery in human clinical applications. As an injectable product, Renevia™ may address an immediate need in cosmetic and reconstructive surgeries and other procedures by improving the process of transplanting adipose-derived cells, mesenchymal stem cells, or other adult stem cells.
- Cell Targeting, Inc., the developer of peptide-based technologies that may facilitate directing human cells derived from embryonic stem and induced pluripotent stem cells to sites in the body where the cells can exert a therapeutic effect. These technologies are being used by BioTime’s subsidiary OncoCyte Corporation for its research and development related to genetically modified human embryonic stem cell-derived vascular progenitors designed to target and destroy malignant tumors.
- Xennex, Inc., the holder of exclusive worldwide rights to market GeneCards ®, the leading human gene database, which was acquired by BioTime’s subsidiary LifeMap Sciences, Inc. GeneCards ® provides concise genomic, transcriptomic, genetic, proteomic, functional, and disease-related information on all known and predicted human genes. In addition, LifeMap is currently developing two additional databases: LifeMap, a database for stem cell biology, and MalaCards, a disease database. Together, this integrated database suite will provide state-of-the-art information and research products for the medical research community.
BioTime Forms BioTime Acquisition Corporation
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts