Jonathan T. Beard is joining Post–Newsweek Stations as Director of Digital Product Development on October 10, 2012. He will lead PNS’s digital development team at the newly created Post–Newsweek Digital Hub in Detroit.
Catherine Badalamente, Post–Newsweek Stations’ vice president of digital media, said: “Jon brings a wealth of experience to Post–Newsweek. Under his direction, we look forward to integrating distributed technologies into a unified strategy across the company. Incorporating the rich tools and capabilities already available at Post–Newsweek, Jon will lead his team in enhancing the experience of all web and mobile users—both consumers and content-providers—through improved ease-of-use, reliability and engagement.”
An industry expert with more than 20 years of successful experience in professional software development, Beard has a proven ability to architect, develop, manage and deploy software in enterprise, entrepreneurial and research applications.
Beard has taken innovative artificial intelligence systems to field deployment for the U.S. defense industry, built and deployed global social media and web applications with millions of users, and rolled out enterprise-wide engineering change management systems for the auto industry.Post–Newsweek Stations is the television broadcasting division of The Washington Post Company (NYSE: WPO). PNS owns and operates six television stations: WDIV–Detroit (NBC affiliate), KPRC–Houston (NBC affiliate), WPLG–Miami (ABC affiliate), WKMG–Orlando (CBS affiliate), KSAT–San Antonio (ABC affiliate) and WJXT–Jacksonville (Independent).
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV