NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- What's happening in small business today?
1. Small business owners prefer the Romney/Ryan ticket, the latest survey says. Wave Accounting, a free accounting and payroll software provider for small business, think it's figured out who small business owners want to see elected president of the U.S.
Its survey found 44% of respondents indicated they will 'definitely' vote for the Romney/Ryan ticket. Another 7% said they will "probably" vote Republican. On the other hand, 32% of small businesses indicated they will "definitely" vote Democrat, with 6% "probably" doing the same, the survey found. (Undecided voters and those polled who will be voting for other candidates made up the remaining 11%.)
The findings of the Wave survey seem to contradict that of a recent George Washington University School of Political Management and Thumbtack poll in which 39% of business owners view President Obama as "most supportive" of small business, compared to 32% who named Romney as most supportive of their needs. The rest were undecided, the survey said.Reducing government red tape is the No. 1 issue for Republican voting respondents, with an overwhelming 90% citing this issue as "crucial." Among voters intending to vote Democrat, 77% said the most important issue is improving health care options for small businesses, the Wave survey found. The survey polled its 1,331 U.S.-based Wave customers that were employed at or owned a small businesses with 10 employees or less, including solo entrepreneurs, consultants and freelancers to get their opinions on each candidate's potential impact on small business. 2. Jump on the viral video bandwagon at just the right time. Viral marketing via YouTube is not easy and it's hard to tell if your funny new video will reach viewer levels similar to the Old Spice guy or the Carly Rae Jepsen's "Call Me Maybe" video. One suggestion is to try piggybacking onto something that has already had success and create your own awesome spin to it. Think it doesn't work? HubSpot highlighted companies that were able to do so including startup LevelUp, uShip, NASA (yep, that's right), Hunter PR and HubSpot itself.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV