Global alternative asset manager The Carlyle Group (NASDAQ: CG) today announced the closing of a $615 million Collateralized Loan Obligation (CLO) fund, the firm’s third new-issue CLO in less than a year. Carlyle Global Market Strategies CLO 2012-3 will invest in corporate leveraged loans and high yield bonds. Citibank arranged the transaction.
Carlyle’s last new-issue CLO fund closed in June, at $510 million. The firm also closed a $510 million new issue CLO in March 2012.
Carlyle’s structured credit/CLO business, with $16 billion in assets under management, is part of the firm’s Global Market Strategies platform, which had more than $29 billion in assets under management as of June 30, 2012. The platform includes: mezzanine and energy mezzanine loans, high yield and structured credit, distressed equity and debt, long/short credit, and emerging market equities and macroeconomic strategies. The GMS platform has more than 100 investment professionals in New York, Washington, DC, Los Angeles, Chicago, Hong Kong, and London.
About The Carlyle GroupThe Carlyle Group (NASDAQ: CG) is a global alternative asset manager with $156 billion of assets under management across 99 funds and 63 fund of fund vehicles as of June 30, 2012. Carlyle's purpose is to invest wisely and create value. Carlyle invests across four segments – Corporate Private Equity, Real Assets, Global Market Strategies and Fund of Funds Solutions – in Africa, Asia, Australia, Europe, the Middle East, North America and South America. Carlyle has expertise in various industries, including: aerospace, defense & government services, consumer & retail, energy, financial services, healthcare, industrial, technology & business services, telecommunications & media and transportation. The Carlyle Group employs 1,300 people in 32 offices across six continents. The Carlyle Group – Website The Carlyle Group – YouTube Channel The Carlyle Group - Twitter
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV