BROOKLYN, N.Y., Sept. 28, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Barclays Center will open its doors tomorrow and reveal a centerhung integrated super system from Daktronics (Nasdaq:DAKT). The high definition video scoreboard and surrounding LED displays create one of the largest and most technologically advanced video displays of any arena. Daktronics, the world's leading provider of full-color LED video displays, provided Barclays Center with 7,895 square feet of LED as part of an alliance with the venue, which will be the new home of the Brooklyn Nets.
A photo accompanying this release is available at http://globenewswire.com/newsroom/prs/?pkgid=14941
In addition to the grand display in the center of the bowl, the exterior of Barclays Center features the signature "oculus," a one-of-a-kind, 3,000 square foot, 360-degree LED marquee, which hangs above the main entrance.Upon entering Barclays Center, guests will see 6-foot high, 73-foot long ribbon displays in the GEICO Atrium, programmed with wayfinding information, event times and dates, and sponsor messages. Installed inside the bowl are a 360 degree ribbon display and two other ribbon displays that measure nearly 190 feet in length. Two additional large displays hang on the end walls of the bowl. The Daktronics technology continues on shot clocks, ticket windows, entrance points into the bowl, and other areas throughout the venue. "Daktronics has delivered incredible LED technology that will set Barclays Center apart from other sports and entertainment venues," said Chip Foley, Director of Building Technology for Forest City Ratner Companies, developer of Barclays Center. "The fans will be captivated by the imagery; and sponsors will be impressed by the branding capabilities that our LEDs offer. Barclays Center's sophisticated technology is fitting for the borough of Brooklyn."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV