Will BlackBerry 10 Save RIM?: Poll
Speaking during RIM's second-quarter conference call, CEO Thorsten Heins promised that the much-delayed BlackBerry 10 will deliver "the most seamless and fluid experience in the mobile computing world." BlackBerry 10 users, he added, will operate "in real time all the time" without having to exit applications.
The RIM chief also aimed a dig at Apple (AAPL) during the conference call, claiming that the display on RIM's BlackBerry 10 full-touch device will surpass the recently launched iPhone 5.
The Waterloo, Ontario-based company, which faces stiff competition from Apple, Google's (GOOG) Android phones and Microsoft's (MSFT) Windows phones, plans to launch BlackBerry 10 during the first quarter of 2013.There was heated debate about the potential impact of BlackBerry 10 during TheStreet's live blog of RIM's results, with commenters clashing over whether the new OS can turn RIM's fortunes around. What do you think? Take our poll and tell us:
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV