Check out Jim Cramer's latest trading recommendations on "Action Alerts Plus".
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Here's what Jim Cramer had to say on CNBC's "Squawk On The Street" Friday:
Investors worried about the economy should still consider spice-maker McCormick (MKC) as a safe place to invest, Cramer said.
He added that with the continued slowdown in China, it was surprising to see an analyst downgrade Caterpillar (CAT), adding, "I was surprised they still had it as a buy."Cramer said he was also surprised to see an upgrade of Las Vegas Sands (LVS), another China play, saying he's not a buyer of that thesis. With corn prices going higher, Cramer said John Deere (DE) may be a buy, but he wants to wait to hear from Monsanto (MON) and Mosaic (MOS) first. He was more bullish on Edwards Lifesciences (EW), saying the company's new open-heart surgery technique means a lot for its stock. Finally, Cramer said the quarter at Walgreen (WAG) wasn't all that bad, and he's still a believer of this comeback story. --Written by Scott Rutt in Washington, D.C. To email Scott about this article, click here: Scott Rutt Follow Scott on Twitter @ScottRutt or get updates on Facebook, ScottRuttDC
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV