Check out Jim Cramer's latest trading recommendations on "Action Alerts Plus".
NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Here's what Jim Cramer had to say on CNBC's "Squawk On The Street" Friday:
Investors worried about the economy should still consider spice-maker McCormick (MKC) as a safe place to invest, Cramer said.
He added that with the continued slowdown in China, it was surprising to see an analyst downgrade Caterpillar (CAT), adding, "I was surprised they still had it as a buy."Cramer said he was also surprised to see an upgrade of Las Vegas Sands (LVS), another China play, saying he's not a buyer of that thesis. With corn prices going higher, Cramer said John Deere (DE) may be a buy, but he wants to wait to hear from Monsanto (MON) and Mosaic (MOS) first. He was more bullish on Edwards Lifesciences (EW), saying the company's new open-heart surgery technique means a lot for its stock. Finally, Cramer said the quarter at Walgreen (WAG) wasn't all that bad, and he's still a believer of this comeback story. --Written by Scott Rutt in Washington, D.C. To email Scott about this article, click here: Scott Rutt Follow Scott on Twitter @ScottRutt or get updates on Facebook, ScottRuttDC
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV