The same can be said of filtration system maker Donaldson (DCI). Donaldson operates a fairly boring business, manufacturing filtration products that are used in truck engines, turbines, and even disk drives. But boring is good for income investors, and DCI's revenue trajectory over the past few years has largely outperformed bigger names. That sets the stage for a bigger dividend payout in the next quarter.
With a yield that currently sits at just over 1%, Donaldson clearly isn't a high yield income name. That said, it's still a niche industrial that's could play a supporting role for investors who want industrial exposure over income generation. DCI has taken a cost-focused approach for the past several years, efforts that have produced steadily rising net profit margins every year since 2009.That, coupled with a debt-neutral balance sheet make the firm's payout look undersized right now -- a hike to its 9-cent quarterly payout looks likely. The firm's next earnings call in November looks like a plausible venue for a dividend increase.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV