GLENVIEW, Ill., Sept. 28, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- SurePayroll Inc., a leader in providing online payroll to small businesses nationwide, today announced September results for its monthly SurePayroll Small Business Scorecard® showing small business owners' optimism at 45 percent, a sharp drop from 60 percent in August. Month over month hiring in September was down 0.2 percent and the average paycheck was flat. Results from the Scorecard optimism found that four out of five small business owners' optimism is being impacted by the upcoming election.
- 77 percent say the election is having an impact on their optimism.
- 61 percent plan to vote for Mitt Romney; 33 percent for Barack Obama.
- 66 percent say Romney is better for small businesses; 34 percent say Obama is better for small business.
- 67 percent say Romney better represents their views on economic/fiscal policy; 33 percent say Obama best represents those views.
- 65 percent say Romney will drive more jobs; 35 percent say Obama will drive more jobs.
- Economic and tax policy were the two biggest drivers of small business owners' votes; followed by health care, the national debt and foreign policy.