In corporate news, Research In Motion (RIMM) was in rally mode after the BlackBerry maker reported a much narrower-than-anticipated loss in the fiscal second quarter as its subscriber base grew and its cash balance increased. The stock gained 5%.
Shares of Facebook (FB) rose 6.6% after the social networking giant announced a new functionality to allow users to buy real gifts for their friends through the social networking site. The company said Facebook Gifts will roll out gradually, first becoming available to U.S. users.
Groupon (GRPN), the daily deals site, is reshuffling senior management roles in an attempt to fix its struggling European business -- a shake-up that will also include the departure of its chief of international business, according to a report from Reuters. Shares lowered 0.31%.
(WAG) said fiscal fourth-quarter net income declined 55% from the same period last year after a larger than forecast drop in sales at the drugstore chain. Shares slipped 0.44%.
Your one-stop shop for 2012 stock recommendations and market predictions.
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Andrea Tse.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV