Stocks Close Quarter With Rocky Session
In corporate news, Research In Motion (RIMM) was in rally mode after the BlackBerry maker reported a much narrower-than-anticipated loss in the fiscal second quarter as its subscriber base grew and its cash balance increased. The stock gained 5%.
Shares of Facebook (FB) rose 6.6% after the social networking giant announced a new functionality to allow users to buy real gifts for their friends through the social networking site. The company said Facebook Gifts will roll out gradually, first becoming available to U.S. users.
Groupon (GRPN), the daily deals site, is reshuffling senior management roles in an attempt to fix its struggling European business -- a shake-up that will also include the departure of its chief of international business, according to a report from Reuters. Shares lowered 0.31%.
Walgreen (WAG) said fiscal fourth-quarter net income declined 55% from the same period last year after a larger than forecast drop in sales at the drugstore chain. Shares slipped 0.44%.
Your one-stop shop for 2012 stock recommendations and market predictions.
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Andrea Tse.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV