Allen joins a dedicated team of 1,400 employees at Diablo Canyon who earned a string of recent key accomplishments and milestones, including:
- A successful planned maintenance and refueling outage on Unit 1 involving about 600,000 hours of inspections, maintenance and project work.
- The installation of a new digital process control system (PCS) that increases redundancies for safety, reduces maintenance and further enhances PG&E's continued safe operation of the facility. Diablo Canyon is the first nuclear power generating facility in the country to execute a PCS replacement of this extent using in-house resources.
- Surpassing 10 million hours without an employee injury resulting in days away from work. A significant milestone that reflects PG&E's strong commitment to safety.
Allen fills the role of former Site Vice President Jim Becker, who in July became the first President of the STARS Alliance, which focuses on initiatives and information sharing that benefits all seven nuclear power generating station members, including Diablo Canyon.
Diablo Canyon Power Plant is a nuclear power facility owned and operated by PG&E. Its two units together produce approximately 2,300 net megawatts of greenhouse-gas-free electricity, about 10 percent of all electricity generated in California, and enough energy to meet the needs of more than three million Northern and Central Californians.
Pacific Gas and Electric Company, a subsidiary of PG&E Corporation (NYSE:PCG), is one of the largest combined natural gas and electric utilities in the United States. Based in San Francisco, with 20,000 employees, the company delivers some of the nation's cleanest energy to 15 million people in Northern and Central California. For more information, visit http://www.pge.com/about/newsroom/ and www.pgecurrents.com .SOURCE PG&E Corporation
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV