Sept. 28, 2012
, Inc. (NASDAQ: CARB), a leading provider of online backup solutions for consumers and small to medium sized businesses, today announced that Carbonite Business was honored with a Gold Stevie® Award in the New Product or Service of the Year - Software - Cloud Application/Service category in The 10
Annual American Business Awards.
Carbonite Business was introduced in
to bring a cloud backup solution to the market designed specifically for small and medium sized businesses (SMBs) with flat-rate pricing and a variety of features designed to address their unique backup requirements, budget restraints, security and accessibility needs.
"We are thrilled to be recognized by the American Business Awards for our efforts in helping businesses protect their data," said
, senior vice president, Small Business, Carbonite. "Small-to-medium sized businesses generate tons of business data and rarely have the resources or the time to protect it. Carbonite combined its unique approach to consumer cloud backup and intrinsic SMB experience to create Carbonite Business for simple, superior data protection at a price designed for SMB budgets."
Carbonite Business allows SMBs to back up data from an unlimited number of computers starting at just
per year – only
/day. To help SMBs avoid cumbersome processes of manually backing up and storing data offsite, installation for Carbonite Business is fast and easy, and backing up happens automatically and continually in the background. Carbonite Business also offers advanced features, including:
- Web-based administrative dashboard : This simple dashboard can be accessed from any computer connected to the Internet and lets the manager check the backup status for multiple computers, invite new users, monitor the company's backup storage level and purchase additional storage, if needed.
- Anytime, Anywhere Access : Carbonite Business users can access their backed up files from any Web browser or from a smartphone or tablet.
- External hard drive and NAS (network attached storage) backup : Businesses can add files and folders saved on an external drive to their online backup and also back up their NAS device.
- Windows Server backup : With Carbonite BusinessPremier, users can also back up servers running Microsoft Windows Server 2003, 2008 and 2011.
- Private Encryption Key Management : Carbonite Business users have the option to manage their own private encryption key, which allows businesses to experience the benefits of online backup while remaining HIPPA compliant.
The American Business Awards are the nation's premier business awards program. All organizations operating in the
are eligible to submit nominations – public and private, for-profit and non-profit, large and small. More than 3,000 nominations from organizations of all sizes and in virtually every industry were submitted this year for consideration in a wide range of categories, including Most Innovative Company of the Year, Management Team of the Year, Best New Product or Service of the Year, Corporate Social Responsibility Program of the Year, and Executive of the Year, among others.
"We're delighted to recognize so many innovative companies, new products, technical achievements, and technology executives in the ABA's new product and tech awards categories," said
, president and founder of the Stevie Awards. "It's gratifying and inspiring to have received so many remarkable entries for this year's competition. We look forward to staging this event in
for years to come."
Details about The American Business Awards and the lists of Stevie Award winners who were announced on
are available at
Carbonite, Inc. (NASDAQ: CARB), is a leading provider of
online backup solutions
for consumers and small and medium sized businesses. Subscribers in more than 100 countries rely on Carbonite to provide easy-to-use, affordable and secure online backup solutions with anytime, anywhere data access. Carbonite's online backup solution runs on both the Windows and Mac platforms. The company has backed up nearly 200 billion files, restored more than 7 billion files and currently backs up more than 300 million files each day. For more information, please visit
About the Stevie Awards
Stevie Awards are conferred in four programs: The American Business Awards, The International Business Awards, the Stevie Awards for Women in Business, and the Stevie Awards for Sales & Customer Service. Honoring organizations of all types and sizes and the people behind them, the Stevies recognize outstanding performances in the workplace worldwide. Learn more about The Stevie Awards at
Sponsors and partners of The 2012 American Business Awards include American Support, Business TalkRadio Network, CallidusCloud, Citrix Online, Dynamic Research Corporation, iolo technologies, John Hancock Funds, LifeLock, PetRays, Primus Telecommunications Group, SoftPro, and VerticalResponse.