BOSTON, Sept. 28, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Carbonite, Inc. (NASDAQ: CARB), a leading provider of online backup solutions for consumers and small to medium sized businesses, today announced that Carbonite Business was honored with a Gold Stevie® Award in the New Product or Service of the Year - Software - Cloud Application/Service category in The 10 th Annual American Business Awards.
Carbonite Business was introduced in June 2011 to bring a cloud backup solution to the market designed specifically for small and medium sized businesses (SMBs) with flat-rate pricing and a variety of features designed to address their unique backup requirements, budget restraints, security and accessibility needs.
"We are thrilled to be recognized by the American Business Awards for our efforts in helping businesses protect their data," said Peter Lamson, senior vice president, Small Business, Carbonite. "Small-to-medium sized businesses generate tons of business data and rarely have the resources or the time to protect it. Carbonite combined its unique approach to consumer cloud backup and intrinsic SMB experience to create Carbonite Business for simple, superior data protection at a price designed for SMB budgets."Carbonite Business allows SMBs to back up data from an unlimited number of computers starting at just $229 per year – only 63 cents/day. To help SMBs avoid cumbersome processes of manually backing up and storing data offsite, installation for Carbonite Business is fast and easy, and backing up happens automatically and continually in the background. Carbonite Business also offers advanced features, including:
- Web-based administrative dashboard : This simple dashboard can be accessed from any computer connected to the Internet and lets the manager check the backup status for multiple computers, invite new users, monitor the company's backup storage level and purchase additional storage, if needed.
- Anytime, Anywhere Access : Carbonite Business users can access their backed up files from any Web browser or from a smartphone or tablet.
- External hard drive and NAS (network attached storage) backup : Businesses can add files and folders saved on an external drive to their online backup and also back up their NAS device.
- Windows Server backup : With Carbonite BusinessPremier, users can also back up servers running Microsoft Windows Server 2003, 2008 and 2011.
- Private Encryption Key Management : Carbonite Business users have the option to manage their own private encryption key, which allows businesses to experience the benefits of online backup while remaining HIPPA compliant.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV