Aspen Technology, Inc. (NASDAQ: AZPN), a leading provider of software and services to the process industries, announced it has acquired the PSVPlus software product from Softbits Consultants, Ltd.
Energy, chemical, and engineering and construction companies use PSVPlus to model pressure relief scenarios and size pressure relief valves in process plants, based on industry standard procedures. Modeling of pressure relief valves helps to ensure proper safety and reliability of process plants.
The aspenONE Engineering suite provides market leading process plant modeling and optimization capabilities. PSVPlus provides additional capabilities that will eventually enable AspenTech to provide a complete overpressure protection system optimization capability. This will result in increased engineering efficiency, reduced capital and increased safety and reliability for AspenTech customers.
Terms of the transaction were not disclosed.Supporting Quotes Mark Fusco, President & CEO, AspenTech“aspenONE Engineering is the most comprehensive, integrated and easy-to-use environment for process engineering. The addition of PSVPlus will give our customers the ability to model pressure relief scenarios, which is a critical activity in the design and operation of every process plant. This makes it possible to generate inherently safer and more efficient designs.” Supporting Resources
- aspenONE Engineering products
- AspenTech YouTube channel – aspenONE product videos
- PSVPlus background
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV